My 1929 Harley-Davidson Motorbike




My first Motorbike was a 1929 Harley-Davidson with sidecar. My father with my younger brother took me to select it up and we towed it dwelling with a rope behind the automotive and me, at the age of 18 years, hanging on to the huge handlebars for grim life.





I didn't have a motorcycle license at the time but shortly had it out on the back roads with my brother within the sidecar. It wasn't the fastest of motorbikes however it may have pulled a house down with two 650cc pots in a V.





I remember well on the primary outing when my brother pushed the handlebars to onside sending the machine out into the middle of the road he may see the parked automobile, which the sidecar was heading straight at while I used to be concentrating in just working the gears and the clutch system of the outdated-timer classic Harley Davidson.





The year was 1953 and the cost of this old-timer bike was $20. I held on to that bike for about 4 years after which decided that it was nugatory and offered it for $25 as a way to purchase an actual motorbike the latest ' Pink Hunter'.





If only I had identified that by the point I retired 50 years later the Harley Davidson would have been price my total retirement package deal and more. But that is life none of us could have thought in the 1950s the eventual collector value of machines and books and comics were to be some 50 years later.





Some years later whereas a college student I bought a second hand BSA 500 single pot and graduated to different bikes along the years. I did many journeys on different machines and even tried motor scooters however I nonetheless remember with nice fondness my first motorcycle the 1929 Harley Davidson with sidecar.


0 comments: